Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I recently purchased a JUKI 1541S and am having problems…

Customer Question
I recently purchased a...

I recently purchased a JUKI 1541S and am having problems with the bobbin stitch. It starts OK but then starts missing stitches.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A day or 2

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes, I also pull extra thread from the bobbin case after a pass.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
9/12/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 11 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

• Poor thread tension often comes from an incorrectly inserted needle. Machine needles have a flat side that should always face the back of the sewing machine.
  • Check that the bobbin is wound correctly. It shouldn’t have any loose threads or loops sticking out. Never wind thread onto a bobbin that already contains thread, always use an empty bobbin.
  • A bent needle may be the culprit. When the stitches randomly start skipping, change your needle. If the stitches return to normal, then the problem was a bent needle. It can be caused by such things as tugging too hard on the fabric or the needle hitting a pin. Relax your hold on the fabric, and allow the feed dogs to pull it through.