Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

Small Appliance

Second opinion] singer sewing machine....stitches are

Customer Question
bunched up on the back...
Second opinion] singer sewing machine....stitches are bunched up on the back of the fabric....needle seems to get stiff once it hits the fabric....have changed the bobbin, needle, and thread...have checked for lint and debris in bobbin holder...have changed the tension
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
9/12/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Josh, Technician replied 5 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

I apologize that you had to wait for a response.

Do you still need help with your issue?

I actually do but I think I have figured out what I did. I sewed over fabric that had hot glue on it. I think the needle got glue residue on it and kept jamming. Do you think I destroyed the machine or can you offer ways to fix the mess I've made??

Unfortunately, you will need to remove the glue residue on the needle.

Try taking a Q-tip and dip it into rubbing alcohol then dab it over the glue.

Wait 30 minutes and see if you can peel it off now.

thanks...i will be out of town for the next few days but will definitely try that when i return and let you know if it worked....i also wondered about goo gone

Yes, you can try Goo Gone too.

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

he was responsive to my question.

Awesome!

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit

he had little to work with so all is good on my end

Josh, Technician