kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years repairing various small appliances
32169475

I vacuumed my carpet, removed the bag and vacuum attachment

Customer Question

I vacuumed my carpet, removed the bag and vacuum attachment and replaced it with the rug renovator making sure the belt was hooked up properly, added cleaning in the tank and attached it to the machine, plugged it in the wall pushed the start button, but it did not respond. It was like the motor was dead.
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?
Customer: no, just I really need to shampoo my carpet. We used this machine with the rug renovator and it worked before.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Make sure the rug renovator is firmly in place, and likewise the cord - especially check the cord - and the outlet also, with another device! - if there is no light showing on the vacuum or cleaning machine. If there is no light whatever, no indicator of power in the machine, showing at all, then the issue is basically a power supply or outlet issue.

(To advise you further, and in more details, esp. if the above advice does not produce results, please tell me in Reply To Expert, what the maker name, and model name, of the vacuum or cleaning machine that you have might be, and also how old the machine in question is... and I will help and advise you further.)

If the above cures the problem - I hope so though I'm not sure it will - please let me know in that event, also.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Kirby HERITAGE!! vacuum and rug renovator purchased in early 1990's. The light is on and another appliance works just fine. So yes, we checked everything out. The rug renovator is connected properly.

Remove the rug renovator, and clean the metal contacts on it that go into the Kirby vacuum, by wiping with a clean dry cloth.

Also - if they are reachable - after unplugging the Kirby vacuum, wipe the corresponding contacts on the vacuum with the same sort of cloth - as I said, only if they can be reached.

Then, try again.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
we had already all of those suggestions before we contacted you. I had neglected to say the power light was on. So far you have not helped in any way, so I am terminating this contact and there should be no charge to my charge card.

I have passed your request on to Customer Support, since as an Expert I have no power over billing or payment. They will handle it with reasonable promptness. Thank you for trying JustAnswer.