Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner/Partner at Bargain Box
99457030

My Janome memory craft sewing machine will not run, it is

Customer Question

my Janome memory craft sewing machine will not run
JA: What's the sewing machine's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it is about 9 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I don't know probable not
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: When I turn it on this message comes on the screen raise pressure foot and needle bar and power on again. That doesn't work
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Neil replied 1 month ago.

Hi

When was the machine last used? Any noise when you push the foot pedal?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Last week, no noise when I push the pedal.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I first turn it on there is a noise.
Expert:  Neil replied 1 month ago.

So when you first push the pedal there is a noise? If so when was the last time it was used? If not been used in a while these machines can seize up a bit... You need to free them up and give them a bit of oil...

Expert:  Martyn Lloyd replied 1 month ago.

Hi, and welcome to Just Answer

I am Martyn, Janome Dealer and Technician here in Australia. The "Expert" community at Just Answer are not on JA Staff, we are Technicians and Professionals from across the globe, many with our own businesses to run, as well as spending time to help with Q&A on JA in our "spare" time. We appreciate and rely on your honest positive ratings.

Admin will address any broader concerns and questions about billing and site use, we are just here to assist with the Tech side and the specific Q&A

Please be aware that not all things can be resolved at home without some closer inspection and intervention. If this is the case here, and our best advice is to seek local hands-on inspection and service, it will be for a good reason, so please do not shoot the messenger, it will be to save you time and money.

Can you please tell me which Model Memory Craft (MC) you are having trouble with

Does the light come on with power ON ?

Does the Screen light up ?

Can you please advise your Post/Zip code