Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

My Janome memory craft sewing machine will not run, it is…

Customer Question
My Janome memory craft...

My Janome memory craft sewing machine will not run

Contractor's Assistant: What's the sewing machine's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is about 9 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don't know probable not

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When I turn it on this message comes on the screen raise pressure foot and needle bar and power on again. That doesn't work

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
9/10/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Neil, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Neil, Engineer

Hi

When was the machine last used? Any noise when you push the foot pedal?

Last week, no noise when I push the pedal.
When I first turn it on there is a noise.

So when you first push the pedal there is a noise? If so when was the last time it was used? If not been used in a while these machines can seize up a bit... You need to free them up and give them a bit of oil...

Small Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician

Hi, and welcome to Just Answer

I am Martyn, Janome Dealer and Technician here in Australia. The "Expert" community at Just Answer are not on JA Staff, we are Technicians and Professionals from across the globe, many with our own businesses to run, as well as spending time to help with Q&A on JA in our "spare" time. We appreciate and rely on your honest positive ratings.

Admin will address any broader concerns and questions about billing and site use, we are just here to assist with the Tech side and the specific Q&A

Please be aware that not all things can be resolved at home without some closer inspection and intervention. If this is the case here, and our best advice is to seek local hands-on inspection and service, it will be for a good reason, so please do not shoot the messenger, it will be to save you time and money.

Can you please tell me which Model Memory Craft (MC) you are having trouble with

Does the light come on with power ON ?

Does the Screen light up ?

Can you please advise your Post/Zip code