Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner/Partner at Bargain Box
99457030

The presser foot came off. I just got the machine was

Customer Question

The presser foot came off. I just got the machine was inadvertently trying to use it for the first time. I inadvertently pressed the black lever at the bac and have tried to follow the directions in the manuel to put the foot back on. It says to put the foot on the needle plate so that the bar is "in line" with the "slot on the shank." Not sure that I know what this means. Then it says that if I lower the presser foot lever and "fix the presser foot onto the shank". If it is in the correct place, the "bar should snap in". I have tried 20 times to get this to work, to follow these instructions which are NOT clear, and cannot. How do I get the damn foot back on?
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: I'm talking about a sewing machine!
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I'm on a MacOS Sierra
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I hope you are talking about a Brother Sewing Machine -- just purchased online from Amazon, trying to use it for the first time. Do I have the right technician?
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, this has nothing whatsoever to do with my printer!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Martyn Lloyd replied 1 month ago.

Hi, and welcome to Just Answer

I am Martyn, here in Australia. The "Expert" community at Just Answer are not on JA Staff, we are Technicians and Professionals from across the globe, many with our own businesses to run, as well as spending time to help with Q&A on JA in our "spare" time. We appreciate and rely on your honest positive ratings.

Admin will address any broader concerns and questions about billing and site use, we are just here to assist with the Tech side and the specific Q&A

Please see attached images for the 'anatomy' of the parts

The Hook is best made to grab the Bar by setting the Foot beneath the Hook and lowering the arm to engage... same idea to change feet too

It may help to press the rear pin to loosen as it lowers, but generally not essential

Please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more.

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.

Anything to report ??