Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Have a manual robot Cleaner number mr6550 one of the side

Customer Question

Have a manual robot Cleaner number mr6550 one of the side brushes quit working what can I do
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: about 2 weeks.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if possible otherwise I can send it in
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am gone for about 6 months out of the year I unplug and take the batteries out but this year when I came back after using it a couple of months it stopped working one brush goes around the other one doesn't
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Appliance
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Wondering if you have come with an answer to my problem
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Check that there isn't anything tangled up around the brush that is preventing it from working, e.g. hair or string.

If nothing is found and the brush turns freely manually then the motor will need to be replaced at a service center.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is there separate motors for each brush, because the other brush works fine and there is nothing tangled around the brush.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Yes each brush has a separate motor.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How much does the motor cost
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is this something I could install myself
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

The motor is not readily available outside service centers.

To fit the motor requires a complete strip down of the cleaner. If you can obtain a motor and you have some technical skills then it may be possible to fit it yourself.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would like to get a price from the tech depth and if not to expensive can install it myself. Please reply with a price and parts # with a telephone # to call for the part.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

You can contact Moneual customer service on(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have tried the #***-***-**** and get a recording saying that the number is ***** longer in service. I have tried it a couple of times and get the same recording. Therefore I am asking for a refund for the services I have paid for as I have gotten no where with it and it has not resolved my problem. Please see that I get my credit back.