Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I use my Surface Pro with my longarm quilting machine. I…

I use my Surface...

I use my Surface Pro with my longarm quilting machine. I have one app called QuiltPath. After downloading updates on Friday, I have not been able to connect the carriage of the machine to the Surface via the app as usual. I have checked all connections but still get an error message. Should I reload the QuiltPath from a flash drive?

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tested the connections by doing a ping utility test?

What is that?

Contractor's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes, last Friday after I finished a quilt. Then the next time I went to use it, I got the error message.

8/15/2017
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Martyn
Thanks for your question and welcome to Just Answer
Can you please explain what you have updated, the Surface Pro, or the QuiltPath ?

In either case, you may find a Recovery Reset is the best option here, as you can always update later
Often times, Microsoft releases an update, and smaller software developers race to play catch up, so you may have jumped ahead of the QuiltPath, it may be a little while before they offer an upgrade to suit

How to Reset LINK

If you wish to contact APQS direct to chat about anything, or send an email query, this is the best CONTACT

Let me know the results and we can see what to do next
I hope I’ve been able to provide you with the information you were seeking.
If you are happy with my service, your positive rating, before we finish up here, is most welcome.
Need more help about this issue ? Please let me know

I ran Windows updates for the tablet that has Windows 10. It was after that the app Quilt Path quit "connecting."

Win 10 has quite a reputation for creating havoc with updates not conforming to existing software

As I suggested before, a restore is best

The quick fix is to roll back the update to the last time it was working

Here is a link for HOW TO roll back to a previous version rather than a full reset

I shall leave you to do this and get back to me as & when

I have to get to the Post Office and do a few things around town just now, shall be back in an hour or so.
not sure what time it is with you, I am in Australia and it is nearly Noon on Tues

Catch up soon

Martyn Lloyd
I've been to Aus many times! Have some good friends there. Okay, I tried the simplest course which was remove updates and then rebooted, which reinstalled those updates. Now the Uninstall is not showing up on that tool bar and shows the updates with today's date. Tried the app just in case, no luck. So now I am using recovery - go back and we'll see. I'll give you an update when it is finished. I am on the East coast so it is now 10:30 my Tuesday morning.
Okay! Recovery was the one! App working fine now and I'm off to quilt another top. I do comfort quilts for our local cancer center. Thanks for all your help, Martyn!