Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

My Keurig coffee maker has been descaled recently, but it…

Customer Question
My Keurig coffee maker has...
My Keurig coffee maker has been descaled recently, but it sometimes pours a short cup of coffee. It seems to occasionally lose the capability of going through the entire cycle...I don't hear the usual sounds and then it trickles about half of the tall mug I expect. I have turned it off, waited a minute or two, then tried again. That sometimes gets it back into the correct routine. What gives with that?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Small Appliance
8/13/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Josh, Technician replied 1 year ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Hi Karen,

Which Keurig model do you have?

How old is it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Model: Platinum B70
Purchased: 11/2012

There are a couple of suggested solutions for this type of issue so please try these:

Make sure that the level is lifted all the way up when you remove or insert the K CUP

"Tap" the side of the Keurig near the top of the water reservoir. Here is a video of someone tapping: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_y0UMS0_Io

If neither of those steps works then you would need to take some parts off the Keurig or you can give them a call to see if they will send out the replacement parts for you if needed. Please let me know if the issue continues with the two fixes above.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will not be able to try these suggestions until about a week after our trip to see the total solar eclipse. I will get back to you then.

Sure; take your time.