kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years repairing various small appliances
32169475

I have a janome 11000 and I keep getting a bobbin error

Customer Question

I have a janome 11000 and I keep getting a bobbin error message "Bobbin thread may not be suffient, bobbin winding recommended" even though i have a full bobbin
JA: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?
Customer: the machine is 8 years old, and no I have never gotten this message before.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I used to be a dealer, and fixed error messages like that in the past, yes I plan to fix it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I know how to get to the adjustment screen. It should be a setting on that screen under bobbin, but I can't remember the setting off hand
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
That message probably means that the lever, sensor switch, or even circuitry, that senses the bobbin thread level, is defective somehow.

First thing of course is to take out that bobbin, see if the 'lever' that presumably senses the bobbin thread amount wound on the spool, is still there, or broken off, or not engaging, or the spring that drives it is - doubtfully - broken or disengaged, etc. etc. See what you can see, there.