Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I have a phaff 1245 sewing machine. The walking foot is not…

Customer Question
I have a phaff...

I have a phaff 1245 sewing machine. The walking foot is not working correctly . It seems to be partially hung up.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the sewing machine's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Its a 1245 Phaf indrustal. 18 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, there is no one in the area . It's to heavy to take anywhere.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I oil the machine often. Everything else works well.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
8/3/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman replied 11 months ago
Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
First, can you remove the walking foot attachment, or is it permanently affixed to the machine? Second, What problem is the walking foot having? precisely.

I can remove the walking foot. (pressure foot )

OK. When the walking foot is removed from the machine, do its moving parts swing/move freely? or is there binding in the motion in any way, of the hinged parts?

You said it seems to be partially hung up - so this sort of test of it would be what I would do first if I were there. (But perhaps I misunderstand the problem - ?)