Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I am using a juke DNU 1541 - the top stitch looks fine but…

Customer Question
I am using a...

I am using a juke DNU 1541 - the top stitch looks fine but the bottom stitch is too straight - it doesn't match the top stitch. There is no puckering or loose threads but the stitch just do not look good - I am using leather. I tested the stitch on vinyl and it looks fine

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

2 weeks

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Small Appliance
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am looking for help with my industrial sewing machine - do not need a veterinarian
8/1/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician

Are you using a Leather Needle ?
They have a particular triangular profile tip and cut the leather unlike a regular needle.
It seems the thread may be stalling in the leather if the hole is too tight when the needle draws out

Please let me know what you have there for the needle

If a leather needle, and sharp/new, back the Top tension off just a little and try a sample... reduce gradually, testing between, it may be all there is to it, just getting the balance right for the materials involved here