kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years repairing various small appliances
32169475

I have a Hobart HL 600 mixer. I cannot get the mixer to turn

Customer Question

I have a Hobart HL 600 mixer. I cannot get the mixer to turn on. I have verified that there is power to the machine by removing the cover and testing for line voltage.
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Yes. It is hard wired to a breaker that we power down every evening at the restaurant and is left off for 12 hours every night
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes I have an electrical background
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's about it. I have 2 other Hobart mixwers but they are older models and they work as they should Are you familiar with the HL600 model?
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Check the cage lock switch and bowl lock switch often one burns out of breaks causing that issue, let me know what you find.