Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Tech
Experience:  Owner and Operator with 15yrs experience with degrees.
21107370

My Artista 200 sews well. When I put the embroidery module

Customer Question

My Artista 200 sews well. When I put the embroidery module on, the bobbin thread is not picked up. What can I do to remedy this
JA: What's the sewing machine's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Bernina Artista 200, approximately 10 years.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, if possible. I just had it serviced by a Bernina dealer yesterday, but did not take the embroidery module in.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Only that it picks up the bobbin thread well when in the regular sewing mode, but not when embroidery module is attached to it.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Your timing is off. Remove the cover off the top to expose your needle shaft parts can you do that?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
One question....if the timing is off, why does it sew a regular stitch and only refuse to sew when the embroidery module it connected?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is it possible for me to call you, my household is asleep and I do not want to wake them?

I am not available right now for a phone call, the timing may just be a bit off as it needs to be dead on for embroidery can you check the timing?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can take the cover off of the machine.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The cover is off
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Awaiting your istructions.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
call me at(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Found timing screw, fiddled with it some, and now embroidery module works fine. Cancel my request for assistance. Shirley Willianms