Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 years of experience diagnosing and repairing all types of home appliances.
11519491

I have a really old Singer sewing machine. I just found out

Customer Question

I have a really old Singer sewing machine. I just found out it doesn't have a power cord. The belt has also slipped off the turn feed.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 3 months ago.

Hi, wow that is old what a find ;-)

This one likely doesn't have a cord that plug into the machine but needs to be wired in. Its really quite easy if you are lil handy and have a few basic hand tools.

What you can do, if you dont want to do this yourself, please let me know, but most vacuum cleaner repair shops will also fix sewing machines and this is a cheap easy fix;-)

Check locally with your shops there if you would like this dont by a professional. Otherwise you can pick up some wire and and a snap on plug from your local hardware store And I will guide you on this. If you aren't sure exactly what you need, bring the machine with you to the store, they will know this all as well;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete please rate my service kindly.
Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.
Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved. Also you will have free access to me for 30 days;-)
Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.
Thank you and have a Wonderful day!

No additional cost to rate kind;-)
Sincerely
Tech Michael