kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years repairing various small appliances
32169475

My Bernina keeps breaking the thread after sewing about an

Customer Question

My Bernina keeps breaking the thread after sewing about an inch or two..It was doing wonderful then all of a sudden it messed up. I changed needles, bobbin, threaded the machine again. It still doing the same.
JA: What's the sewing machine's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: artista 730
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I dont know what to do. I would like to. I was quilting when it messed up and I have 8 more quilts to finish. Not sure if I can repair it myself , but don't have a lot of money to put in it right now.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I know it is in the top.. Not in the bobbin area . How long does it take to get a machine repaired if I have to bring it in
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Russell H. replied 12 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
That is most likely to be a matter of setting the thread tensions correctly. To tell you how to proceed, please tell me whether the thread is in any way unusual, and whether the upper or needle thread is breaking, or the lower or bobbin thread is breaking. And I will advise you further.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I'm not satisfied with your answer. I'm wanting to find a Bernina dealer that can repair my machine for me. Did not want just anyone to give me information. I also do not want anyone taking money out of my account for nothing. You haven't been any help at all
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 days ago.

I'm sorry to hear that you have a bad opinion of the service I have offered so far.

Since you now want a Bernina servicer in your region, I need to ask, please, what is your region? by zip code, or by town/city and state.

Let me know your region by zip code, so that I may provide the information you need.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have found someone to do repairs for me like I wanted. Did not want anyone taking money out of my account for doing nothing at all. Please delete my information and do not take any more money out of my account. I just have a very small social security income and the $29.00 you have already taken out really puts a burden on me.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 days ago.

As a JustAnswer Expert, I have no power over charges, billing, no access to your credit information. For all such concerns I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. Please contact them if you need any changes to your charges, etc. They may be reached at

***@******.***

or through Chat or Phone by way of this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

I am glad that you found some means of getting your Bernina repaired to working condition.

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.