Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 years of experience diagnosing and repairing all types of home appliances.
11519491

I have a new stand mixer and when I used for the first this

Customer Question

I have a new stand mixer and when I used for the first this week it stopped working correctly. It went through a cycle and when I raised the head to scrape the contents andlowered
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: No I haven't. It sounds like the motor is running but the beater doesn't engage.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: What work are you referring to?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Pearl are you still online?
JA: No. I'm the Appliance Technician's Assistant.
Customer: Ok
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael, an expert in this field. I would be happy to help you with this issue.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating when we are finished ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

May I have the Make, and full model # of your stand mixer, so I can assist you efficiently?

Thank you

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Kitchen Aid Artisan Stand Mixer model number KSM155GBPB
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is this require disassembling the mixer?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Mike, are you still here?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi, I thought I lost you when I went to another website. I will wait until you get back to me.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 month ago.

Hi, Yes I am here. Apologies for the delay, we have been very busy here lol ;-)

How old exactly is your new stand mixer?

Also was the bowl securely in its base and straight?

Thanks

Tech Mike

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is brand new. It happened the first time I used it.
The was locked down and I double checked to be sure the tilt head was
secured. I have noticed that the lock and unlock knob goes all the way to the right when unlocked, but a quarter of the way on the left when you lock it down.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would rather chat since I am on a fixed income and have already paid for the service. If you think it will take me talking one to one with you then we can do it.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Michael,
Do you have an answer for me yet or will it be sometime tomorrow? My son will be coming over tomorrow and if it's something that won't take too long that we have to fix on this end he would be glad to follow your directions. Just give me a heads up when you get a chance. Thanks.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 month ago.

Hi,and good morning, I didn't send the phone call request, it is an auto generated message, so we are good there. We dont need a phone call, and I will tell you what to do;-)

I would take that stand mixer back for an exchange. It sounds like it has a defective are typically very good machines, but if you have the trouble you are experiencing, your best bet, (since it IS brand new) is to let Kitchenaid deal with that. Your machine, is still fully covered under the manufacturer's warranty. If it is less that 2 weeks old, you should be able to just swap that one for a new n defective mixer.

If for some reason you cant do that please let me know, and I will help you fix this one. But you will need parts in that case.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete please rate my service kindly.
Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.
Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.
Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.
Thank you and have a Wonderful day!

No additional cost to rate kind;-)
Sincerely
Tech Michael