Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 years of experience diagnosing and repairing all types of home appliances.
11519491

My new Juki MO-6814S just came through the door. It had a

Customer Question

Hi! My new Juki MO-6814S just came through the door. It had a tag stating it had passed inspection by SUGIHARA. It appears the foot pedal (that lifts the sewing foot of the machine) has been installed backwards (facing away from the sewer). When I tried using it the motor is moving backwards and pushes the fabric away from the machine, making it impossible to sew. When i rotate the hand roll on the right clockwise it appears to sew, but the motor moves it counterclockwise which pushes the fabric towards the sewer.
JA: What's the sewing machine's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: JUKI MO-6814S, just received it today.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends how big the job is. What are my options?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nope, pretty experienced with industrial machines but i haven't touched the motors before.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 3 months ago.

Hi, good morning.

Are you saying not only is the foot installed in the wrong direction 180 deg out? But also it runs in reverse?

Does your machine have a reverse?

Thanks

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Michael, the foot pedal fix is not a problem I can't fix. The machine runs in reverse (it only works clockwise, but the motor makes it run counterclockwise).
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It does not have a reverse setting. It's an industrial machine that only runs forward.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thats what I thought thanks for assuring me on that.

This one will require some rewiring internally. I dont know why they would have done this but someone did something seriously wrong to this machine Apparently SUGIHARA, did this on purpose as there is nothing that would go wrong wit this machine that would cause these issues, unless it was done on purpose and obviously not inspected lol.

I would return this one for a replacement unit. The same model is fine, this sounds like an isolated incident to me.

I wish I had better news for you I really do.

I would exchange this one.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete please rate my service kindly.
Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.
Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.
Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.
Thank you and have a Wonderful day!

No additional cost to rate kind;-)
Sincerely
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Michael,these things are huge machines and hard to move so i was looking for a fix instead of a suggestion to just return.
I was actually able to fix the problem with a switch of a button -Since you where not able to help me with the problem I would like to ask for a re-fund.Best,
Jannika
Expert:  Michael replied 3 months ago.

Hi, Janika, I will send this to Customer Service for refund evaluation.

Please rate my service kind at this time as it is the only way I am compensated for my time and expertise with you.

No cost for rating;-)

Thank you and I am so glad you were able to fix the machine ;-)

Have a nice afternoon!
Tech Michael