Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 years of experience diagnosing and repairing all types of home appliances.
11519491

The add water light on my Cuisinart coffee maker and hot

Customer Question

The add water light on my Cuisinart coffee maker and hot water won't go out
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: The machine is about 2 months old. The problem started a couple of days ago. When the add water light is on, even though the reservoir is full the machine won't heat the water.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Don't think so
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 5 months ago.

Hi, good afternoon.

I am sorry to hear that you have this issue.

Unfortunately, this is likley an issue with a failed water level sensor inside the machine.

You wouldn't want to open the machine as that would void its warranty, and your coffee maker is still fully covered by Cuisinart for 1 full year parts and labor.

You are in good shape however as you can contact Cuisinart for a replacement coffee maker. They may try to offer you a repair? But since this machine is so new, I wouldn't accept that. I'd want a new machine as this issue may be a sign of other failures to come with this one;-(

The best way to reach them, is by using the phone contact information in your user manual and also on the warranty card.

But if you can locate these, you can reach them here:

• BY PHONE:
  • Contact Center
  • U.S. 1-***-***-****
  • Monday - Friday 8am-8pm EST
  • I wish I had better news for you, I really do.
  • In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete please rate my service kindly.
    Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.
    Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.
    Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.
    Thank you and have a Wonderful day!

No additional cost to rate kind;-)
    Sincerely
    Tech Michael