Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman
Experience:  Repairing electronic devices for 20+ years, including all aspects of their workings.
13568747

I have moved my 3D Embroidery program to a laptop that is

Customer Question

Hi. I have moved my 3D Embroidery program to a laptop that is using Windows 10. I have the dongle plugged in and my Computer sees it but the 3d program does not see it. I have a Designer 1. Is there a upgrade that I can get for Windows 10. It was on an XP before.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: This is the first time that I have tried it since I moved to a laptop.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have the installation cds but i assume i cannot enter the license again.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

This is what Husqvarna Viking now offers for your machine:

http://www.husqvarnaviking.com/en-US/Support/Complimentary-Software

Those are for-free. These are presumably at a price and are also offered:

http://www.husqvarnaviking.com/en-US/Software

Some who have run into the problem of older embroidering software not working with newer Windows versions, have recommended "4D Extra" as a program good for the Designer 1.

Some also recommend 'Embird' software as an update for more modern computers than those that run Windows XP, and with good capabilities.