Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman
Experience:  Repairing electronic devices for 20+ years, including all aspects of their workings.
13568747

I have a new Bernina 330 and want to know if I can exchange

Customer Question

I have a new Bernina B 330 and want to know if I can exchange it for a Brother that does both sewing & embroidery. This 330 is only 2 wks. old & never been used.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If two weeks is within the return-refund period of the vendor or store that you bought the Bernina from, then

1. getting it returned within that period - ASAP basically - and getting a refund of the purchase price (it helps if you return it packed up in the original packaging)

and

2. using that money to buy the Brother machine you want

might be the feasible way to go about things.

But otherwise... Bernina and Brother are separate companies, competitors for the sewing machine market. There's no other arrangement between them that would work, I don't think - and I'm sorry to say it, since two weeks is near, if not past, the limit of return-exchange agreements at most stores. Many limit it to ten days or even a week.