Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman
Experience:  Repairing electronic devices for 20+ years, including all aspects of their workings.
13568747

I bought a used Janome 11000 special edition. She

Customer Question

I bought a used Janome 11000 special edition. She demonstrated it tome before I brought it home. I am trying to used the embroidery function and it will not recognize the arm is open. I have turned it back off turned it back on and tried everything again and still it will not recognize that I have opened the arm, therefore it will not go into embroidery mode. Can you help me?
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suspect that something else basic may be needed. Perhaps you need to also mount the embroidery hoop?

Try using a small cleaning brush to thoroughly brush all thread and dust etc. out of the machine's working including especially the arm, in case a sensor switch is dirty, or the like.

If that's not it, then I have to ask: Are you following any kind of instruction manual or user guide?

If not, then here is the instruction manual for your embroidery machine model:

http://janome.com/siteassets/support/manuals/embroidery-models/inst-book-mc11000-special-edition-english.pdf

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have the manual and I have watched YouTube videos. Still doesn't recognize that the arm is engaged. I tried loading an embroidery hoop, with no results. I will blow out the mechanisms tomorrow and lrt you know if that gets any results.

OK. I hope that by then, when you get back to me, if it still is not working I might have further suggestions.

(Note any error or status indicators if the problem is persistent, please. And let me know. Thanks.)

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok. It is 8:00pm here in Alaska

Thanks for the information... it's past midnight where I am, by the way.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Must be Eastern time.

It was, indeed, Eastern USA's time zone.

I hope you had favorable results, by now, or soon. If you don't or did not have favorable results from following my advice, please let me know. Thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I blew it out and still no luck

I am sorry to hear that. I will continue to try to help.

Did opening the arm work, when it was demonstrated to you before you bought it?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
She was able to demonstrate it to me
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I would call her but she moved out of state. I do not have her number now

That is unfortunate.

Have you followed instructions in the manual?

Or, were you following carefully what you remember as to how to operate the machine?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Following manual

A sensing switch, that is pressed when the arm door is closed, is perhaps jammed. Look for such a switch, see whether it is broken or jammed somehow.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will have to do it later. I am on my way to a presentation

OK. Later is fine. I have some more advice in mind also. Thanks.