Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Why getting an error 6 message? I have cleaned the sensors

Customer Question

Why I am I getting an error 6 message? I have cleaned the sensors and taking battery out several times.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to try and assist you today. What is it that you are getting an error 6 on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
980 roomba
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

If Roomba says “Error 6. Move Roomba to a new location then press CLEAN to restart,” it means that Roomba is stuck over an edge, on a threshold, or on a dark surface.

The cliff sensors are dirty, it is hanging over a drop, or it is stuck on a dark surface.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have cleaned the sensors. It is not on a step.it is not stuck on anything.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have moved it a dozen times to different spots of the house.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

Hmm then there st be something else going on with it. Let me try to dig a little deeper then. That is just what the error code says. give me just a few moments please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what more did you find out?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

Sadly I have looked all over and even called roomba who said the the same thing about the sensors being dirty or press clean to restart. I was trying to see if I could out if anyone else was having this problem and it turned out to be something different so far though I haven't found anything but that.

Please do not rate negatively based on this information. I can not understand why your unit is putting off that code and the fixes are not working.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

Since this seems to be a common issue you may have a chance to see if Roomba will stand behind there product and possibly replace it.

1-***-***-****

Of course I don't know if they will but its certainly worth a shot to contact them and see if they will do something for you.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

Since the so called fix by roomba is not working I am beginning to wonder if it could be a problem with the mother board on the inside possibly?