Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

Small Appliance

I have a hoover Steamvac that was running great and suddenly

Customer Question
it won't start...
I have a hoover Steamvac that was running great and suddenly it won't start
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Small Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/19/2016
Small Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Appliance Tech replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Tech

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Can you check to see if the power switch is working on the unit?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Of course, how do you think I have been using it?

I mean can you check to see if the switch is burned out?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry, I wrote that I had power to the switch, everything looks okay, it just suddenly would not start

What model is it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry, had to go find it. It is Hoover Steamvac Model F5895-900
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How long do I need to wait for an answer?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I never used you before, do not know if I am supposed to sit next to my computer for an answer or are there other ways you get it to me, I need to do other things so get back to me via email [email protected] bledsoe.net

You will have to check the power steamer switch where the cord connects to it can you do that or is that the one you checked?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I had power as far as I could check. Don't know how to get to where the power is connected. I think it is in the switch but do not know how to get to it

OK you have to take the base apart to get to it you need to remove the screws that hold the base together to separate it can you do that?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The base is pretty well contained and no screws. I'm afraid if I start digging I will cause damage. Was hoping to get an answer that would keep me from tearring into it. Thanks

Yes I am sorry there is no way to do that you should have a local shop that you could take it into to get that fixed pretty cheap though. Sorry I wish there were an easier way to do this.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Tech