Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 years of experience diagnosing and repairing all types of home appliances.
11519491

I tried what you said above. Now it's just grinding coffee

Customer Question

I tried what you said above. Now it's just grinding coffee non stop
If it's on lights or lights only
Waters system failure is still on too
Category: Small Appliance
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a miele CVA615. It had water system faults. I turned it off pressed hot water and sm coffee..the to lights, nothing. Tried on on lights and now coffee is grinding non stop with water fault. Help
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

How old is your coffee maker?

Also is yours connected to a water line or do you need to fill it manually?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I fill it manually. It keeps grinding coffee, I can't stop it, and the grinder is stuck. Can't come out. It still says water system failure
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.

Hi good morning,

How often do you descale your coffee maker?

Also how do you do this?

In you're case, and I am sorry for the delay, I had an emergency, but try this, its kind of a last resort but it usually works about 70% of the time. Please take white, distilled vinegar mix 50 -50 with water and then heat it, not to boiling!

But add it to the machine and let it sit over night. This should solve your problem. But it may take a few days to clear it if the system has a clog, which is usually the case.

If this doesn't work, please let me know so I can guide you further, as if you were to send it out for repair it would cost way more on this one. But I will help you all the way if you need a part and how to repair it.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day! I would misss my coffee too !

Sincerely

Tech Michael