Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Irobot not driving. recorded message from machine said to clen

Customer Question

Irobot not driving. recorded message from machine said to clen wheel (left) Same problem. replaced wheel with new on, still getting same message. Machine still not fixed.
(I Roomba 780)
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi John
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Does the wheel turn freely?Can you see any thread or hair caught around the wheel?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I haven't heard back from you yet, John.Please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this...Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes i do require your assistance. As stated in my initial statement, the wheels are cleaned and free of debris. I still receive the same same recorded message telling me to clean the left wheel! I then ordered a new wheel assembly and replaced it, but the message is the same! Can you please advise where to from here? Many thanks.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Briskly turn both wheels by hand, ensuring they turn freely and that each wheel exhibits the same amount of resistance.If there is more resistance in one wheel than the other then it can result in the clean wheel message.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete please provide the solution with your response rather than waiting for my reply. Are you saying to replace the other (second) wheel assembly as well? Will this difinately solve my problem? Please confirm.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks, ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete, just wondering if you are able to provide a response to the above questions before i can rate your service. My problem remains unsolved.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks John Batista.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete, just wondering if you are able to provide a response to the above questions before i can rate your service. My problem remains unsolved. Thanks John Batista
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi John,Sorry for the delay - I was not notified of your previous replies.I cannot say for certain that replacing the other wheel will solve the problem, however both wheels should turn with equal resistance.If they do not, then the next step is to replace the other wheel.Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete, i have replaced the second wheel as well. They both move freely with equal yet minor resistance. The message is the same. Where to from here? Could there be a problem else where? If so what could i possibly try? Many thanks John Batista.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi John,If replacing both wheels did not help then it is likely a sensor fault, and the Roomba will need to be returned to iRobot for repair:https://homesupport.irobot.com/app/ask
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Pete that option is not economically viable... Many thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Ok, do let me know if I can be of any further assistance at all.Pete.