Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

My HAC-10 machine has developed baked-on residue in the part…

Customer Question
My HAC-10 machine has developed...
My HAC-10 machine has developed baked-on residue in the part that heats the inner container, where the dough is placed. Yes even around the heating element. This is from a time when the flour spilled all over and I of course didn't know until later, hours later.
I'm afraid to clean it without asking first; would some non-abrasive cleanser like Bon Ami or Barkeepers Friend work, if I'm careful? And of course a gentle vacuuming with an appropriately small vac to get the any drums? That and a spray can of air or something? I hate to toss it; it wasn't cheap to begin with.
Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Appliance
3/25/2016
Small Appliance Technician: Scott-Appliance,
 replied 2 years ago
Scott-Appliance

Hi there,

You can clean it but do not submerge it in water of course and do not use abrasive cleaner or cleaners with benzene or thinning agents. So you should be fine just do not get any chemicals on the heating element. If you use a cleaner I would some kind of all natural organic citrus cleaner with no chemicals only.

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed, thanks so much!

After rating/voting for my service you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just one of the technicians on the site that is here to help answer your question. If you feel my answer has been informative and has helped you then please be sure to rate my service at this time.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

replied 2 years ago

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I can put this question on my completed list. Thank you for your immediate attention in taking

care of this.

If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating or feel I deserve a negative please let me know.