Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I'm replacing a garbage disposal with a new insinkerator…

Customer Question
I'm replacing a garbage...

I'm replacing a garbage disposal with a new insinkerator unit. I also have a new power wire kit, but I don't which of the two black wires on the plug kit to connect to which wires (striped and white) on the disposal.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Appliance
3/2/2016
Small Appliance Technician: md20/20,
 replied 2 years ago
md20/20

Since the disposal is AC voltage, it actually doesn't matter which wire connects to which wire. The power wires can be reversed.. That being said, if you look at the 2 black wires on the plug kit, one of the wires has ribs on it. That is the one supposed to connected to the white wire on the disposal. The other wire connects to the remaining wire. But again, it really doesn't matter, they can be reversed.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Small Appliance Technician: md20/20,
 replied 2 years ago

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?