Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

A pfaff 797 serger was sewing along just fine using all 5…

Customer Question
A pfaff 797 serger was...
A pfaff 797 serger was sewing along just fine using all 5 threads. Suddenly the machine stopped and it was found that the machine was completely locked up. However, it was further found that if the "overedge looper" was disengaged by pulling out the looper knob on the front of the machine that the machine would sew not using the overedge looper.What is causing the jam on the machine? No apparent broken parts. All parts have been well oiled. No thread or material is jammed anywhere in the machine.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Appliance
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Sir, This is NOT a small appliance. It is a Pfaff 797 serger sewing machine. So, I need the help of a clever Pfaff sewing machine repairman.
1/31/2016
Small Appliance Technician: Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The only thing suggested to my mind by the problem you report - if you genuinely found no snarl of thread to clear, I advise you to check again carefully, and re-thread every thread - is that the tension is adjusted wrong. Thread tension can affect the operation of the overedge looper.

Other things that could have gone wrong, that would require a very close eye:

- spring broke / sprung out of position

- screw came loose, part no longer secured

- part bent

How old is your Pfaff machine?