Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I have a Singer Slant-O-Matic 503 Special Sewing Machine. I…

Customer Question
I have a Singer Slant-O-Matic...
I have a Singer Slant-O-Matic 503 Special Sewing Machine. I purchased it in 1962 in Appleton. My question is:
I cannot loosen the stop motion wheel with the right hand in order to load a bobbin. The stop motion wheel is too tight.
Margie D. in De Pere, Wis.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Appliance
1/23/2016
Small Appliance Technician: Michael, Small Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician

Hi Margie, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

This is more than likely stuck due to corrosion and wear on the threaded end of the adjustment control.

You can use a tiny bit of a solvent such as WD-40 on a Q tip or carefully spray just a tiny bit onto the threaded part and let it sit for a day then try this again, it should free the mechanism.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.

There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a nice day Margie!

Tech Michael

Thank you

Tech Michael