Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I have a sears kenmore canister vacum cleaner that just

Customer Question
stopped working. What could it...
I have a sears kenmore canister vacum cleaner that just stopped working. What could it be. It also has a hepa filter. Model number 116.25614506
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Appliance
It has a
I also have never changed the hepa filter. I don't know how to change.
1/22/2016
Small Appliance Technician: Michael, Small Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician

Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your Vacuum?

Did it fail while it was turned ON?

Or just wouldn't turn on one day?

Also does it get a lot of use?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Hi, thanks for response.
The vacum is about 10 years old but it doesn't get used very frequently. Maybe twice a month.
The last time I used it everything was normal. No strange sound or burning smell. It hasn't been thrown either. I was surprised when I tried to turn it on and it didn't works at all. For a moment I thought a connection was louse but no. It does nothing at all. Completely dead.
:(

Hi thanks, ***** ***** usually the switch or the thermal cut out. Both kind of go hand in hand so I would replace both.

But if this was well cared for the cord could be the trouble as well please inspect it visually.

If you have a meter for some testing I will help you narrow this to the exact problem.

Otherwise your best option is to contact a local Vacuum cleaner repair shop for this diagnosis and repair.

Please let me knwo how you want to proceed?

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.

There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Thank you! I think I will have my husband call you later. He is the one doing the repairs.
Don't worry about rating. I'll give you the best.

Hi your very welcome, I'm here when you need me.

Please rate kindly;-)

Thank you!

Tech Michael

Michael
Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician