Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

My Rydis 67 Robot Vacuum Cleaner won't fire back up after…

Customer Question
My Rydis 67 Robot Vacuum...
My Rydis 67 Robot Vacuum Cleaner won't fire back up after it's been recharged.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Appliance
1/20/2016
Small Appliance Technician: Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If the robot vacuum won't stay On for long after leaving the charging station, and if it is several years old at least (minimum about 1 1/2 years very roughly) then its battery may have failed, simply.

Rechargeable batteries of the type used in electronic devices of a portable - or mobile - type, no matter what the technology, always fail eventually, either failing to hold charge, or failing to deliver it.

(The one other possible thing wrong, is the charging station failing to actually charge - and that is much less likely, at least 5 times less likely at an approximate estimation. Also, make sure the battery really is plugged into the rest of the device, and that dust is cleaned off its terminals or connectors, and it is given one more try at charging then running the device, before replacing it.)

You may have to replace the rechargeable battery in the robot vacuum. If you do, be sure to get a replacement that is exact as to ratings for Voltage, and for mAh, at very least - and, of course, one that fits the space for it in the vacuum cleaner!

Let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Small Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Appliance Tech replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Tech

Do you need any more help?

I've only used the unit once. It went into the charging station and recharged, backed out and was dead. It won't fire back up. It will talk in the charging station. As soon as it backs out, nothing.

I would say you have a bad battery not much else would cause that issue.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

The unit is brand new. I can't get the company to do anything about it. It ran once and that's it.

If the unit is brand new exchange it under warranty when and where did you buy it from?