Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

Small Appliance

My miele built in coffee maker won't heat up

Customer Question
my miele built in coffee maker won't heat up
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Small Appliance
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its been over 24 hours.... just want to make sure someone is working on my question. Thanks.
Answered in 2 days by:
1/21/2016
Small Appliance Technician: johnnn40, Architect replied 1 year ago
johnnn40
johnnn40, Architect

All electric coffee makers have a heat sensitive fuse wired into the power wire for the heat element. It's located at the element itself, and it's designed to open up, if the element gets too hot. It probably needs to be replaced. You'll need to contact the service department at Miele.com to get instructions for removing the coffee maker from its case, in order to gain access to the fuse.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there a way to test this fuse, or the heater element itself using the Miele diagnostics? Is this fusable wire a separate part from the heating element, i.e. can it be purchased and replaced on its own?

You can test both for continuity, using an ohm meter. Parts are available from Miele, or an internet website.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hey John,
I tested the fuse and the element, and both had continuity. Any other suggestions?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its the Miele cva615. When I turn it on the display says "warming up" as it always does, but usually, after a minute or two, it rinses the system with hot water, and then displays "select product". Now it just stays on "warming up" indefinitely

Please let me find some trouble shooting information, and I'll get back to you.

I've found an extensive service manual at www.fperkins.com/images/articles/mieli-coffee-cva615-servicemanual.pdf. I've yet to find a parts list for the unit. I'll keep trying, and get back to you, when I find one.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That is the manual I have been using. I took another look, and I may have been testing the steam heater, not the coffee heater. I will check it out and get back to you.

OK. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I removed the main coffee heater and tested the fused wire, and the two heating elements, and all had continuity. I already had gone thru all the diagnostic protocol in the manual, and didn't come up with anything wrong. Not sure what to check next.

I'm sorry to say that I don't know what else to do either. Might I suggest that you ask one of our law experts about this matter? Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

I apologize for the law expert suggestion. I got my questions mixed up. If you haven't discussed your problem with one of the factory technicians, you might want to call the company's phone number. It's(###) ###-####/p>

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I called them today. They were also unable to come up with a conclusive answer.

The only option left to an owner is to use the company service dealer locator at www.mieli.com to find an authorized service dealer in the area where you live.

johnnn40
johnnn40
johnnn40, Architect