Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

Small Appliance

How much will it cost to fix my Brothers sewing machine?

Customer Question
Pulled out broken needle but...
How much will it cost to fix my Brothers sewing machine? Pulled out broken needle but the machine will not move. The moter sounds good
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Appliance
12/2/2015
Small Appliance Technician: Freddy M., Customer Service replied 2 years ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Customer Service

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. We do not do physical repairs on this site. This is a paid tech support site called JustAnswer.com and only does support. I can help you find someone who repairs them if you let me know what zip code you are in. Otherwise can you tell me what happens when the machine tries to move?

zip code 02067
Press down on foot controler It does not go up and down The moter sounds good
It just does not move.

On the side where the outer large knob is located (the one you used to manually move the needle up and down) on the inside of the knob is another, smaller knob like a dial type round knob; turn it clockwise to tighten then try the pedal again. It sounds like it's too loose and not engaging the motor. This is the closest place I could find to you that does repairs: http://www.annsfabrics.com/ If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Brother.

Freddy M.
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Customer Service