Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 years of experience diagnosing and repairing all types of home appliances.
11519491

My kitchenaid mixer is not working. I locked the bowl put

Customer Question

My kitchenaid mixer is not working. I locked the bowl put the mixer down and it wont work. What should I try???
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your KA Mixer?

Also may I have the full model # ***** yours so I know exactly which one you have?

And when did the problem first occur?

Thank You,

Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Few years maybe 2 or 3
Model artisan design 5qt
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** get a lot of use or limited?

This will tell me what part is the most likely to be the fault.

Usually if you use it very often the motor brushes will be the problem, but also the switch is a common part to fail.

I have access to videos that show very well how to fix any part on that machine and also the best place to get anything we may need.

I will be on here all day, if today works for you, also I will send you an offer for phone repair help that is much quicker. If you do accept that, I will be able to call you at your convenience.

Either way is fine with me ;-)

If not, we can continue on here like this. I will send that offer now but let me know the answer to the questions I ask so we can get this solved for you as soon as possible.

Thank you

Tech Michael