Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

Small Appliance

I have a Eureka upright AS11104. The door on the bottom of

Customer Question
the dust cup assembly was...
I have a Eureka upright AS11104. The door on the bottom of the dust cup assembly was snapped off. I have ordered and received the cup assembly, comes with the bot***** *****d attached. The top lid is not with the assembly. I can't figure out how to the the top lid off the old assembly and replace it on the new cup assembly without breaking the hinge. Any helpful hints?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Appliance
9/21/2015
Small Appliance Technician: Michael, Small Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician

Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

On this one, you need to separate the part on the unit with the spring just a little to carefully pry back that part without breaking it. On some of these there are screws that need to come out, on others there are plastic clips that you can get open by prying inward between the seams. You must be very careful so as not to break anything. But the plastic doesn't have some give so this is possible.

Thank You,

Michael

Michael
Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician