Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Tech
Experience:  Owner and Operator with 15yrs experience with degrees.
21107370

Viking 6030 hasn't been used in a while (I think). When I

Customer Question

Viking 6030 hasn't been used in a while (I think). When I tried to run it, the backstitch button wouldn't push in, and in running the machine made a loud click with every stitch. Then there was a pop, a feeling of something being released, and the stitch process stopped, although the motor runs.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 years ago.

Hello, this is hard to say without taking it apart to see what is broken. You may have broken the pin on the cam that drives the backstitcher. Can you take it apart?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I wasn't using the backstitch, since I couldn't push the button in. Would that pin have been out of place to cause the no-backstich problem in the first place and then the pop as it broke?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can probably take it apart if you walk me through it (and I can find the appropriate tools). It's my mother's machine and I'm at her home.

Let me see if another expert can assist...I will be out for a bit