Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman
Experience:  Repairing electronic devices for 20+ years, including all aspects of their workings.
13568747

I have an ELNA 9900 embroidery machine. The upper thread

Customer Question

I have an ELNA 9900 embroidery machine. The upper thread keeps breaking I've done everything the manual says to troubleshoot. Anyone know what the answer is???
Category: Small Appliance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My machine is a 9600, not 9900.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I'm sorry to have to say that a phone call is not a service I can offer at this time. But I do have some advice:
Have you tried adjusting the upper thread tension?
When a thread breaks repeatedly, if you are not using the wrong needle and the needle is in right etc. (generally all other things done right) and the thickness of the thread you are using is not (absolutely or relatively to the thickness of the other thread): then you need to adjust the tension lower... and lower... until the tension is on minimum or other problems occur. Or, until the problem with thread breaking is solved, but no other problem has been induced (such as knotting of thread, etc., which can come with wrong/too-loose tension settings.)
So try the upper thread tension a step less... and then another step less, and so forth.
Let me know the result - and if the result is not good, let me know how old your machine is, please, measured from date of purchase.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It helped a little. But still breaking and shreading the thread. Also bobbin threads show on top at times. Especially with small letters.

If the bobbin thread gets through to the top, that is a clear sign that tension is too high. Have you gotten down to the minimum tension setting for the top thread yet?