Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

THE BRUSH ON MY ELECTROLUX VACUUM WILL NOT SPIN. I;VE TAKEN

Customer Question

THE BRUSH ON MY ELECTROLUX VACUUM WILL NOT SPIN. I;VE TAKEN APART AND CLEANED IT, REASSEMBLED, AND STILL IT WONT SPIN. I FELT THE LITTLE BAR THAT SPINS BELT AND ITS NOT SPINNING. WHATS WRONG WITH IT??
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. This is usually the result of a belt that has either broken or worn. The belt goes from the motor to the spinning brushes and it drives the spinning brushes. If the belt does not turn with the motor, then the brushes will not turn at all. You'll find the information about the replacement parts on your Electrolux at the following page:http://bitli.es/Y5BIcq Please let me know if you still have questions. I appreciate moment of your time to rate my level of service at your convenience. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Michael, I have taken it apart several times and its not broke or doesn't look worn at all. I reached back and felt the little bar that spins and spins the belt and it's not spinning either. The motor is running but little bar is not spinning to turn the belt. I hope i'm making sense. lol
Okay, then it sounds like the shaft on the motor is not turning. I'm not sure what model Electrolux you have, but attached a picture of a typical motor where you can see the shaft in the pulley. Usually, there is a bolt on the and of the pulley that holds that pulley to the motor shaft. So the motor is turning in the pulley is not you may need to reattach that pulley to the motor shaft in some way.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK. I will try that then. I will let you know what happens. Wish me luck!!!
Yes, good luck and let me know how you make out. Mike