Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman
Experience:  Repairing electronic devices for 20+ years, including all aspects of their workings.
13568747

Pfaff 1222 sewing machine, turns on and looks fine, but the

Customer Question

Pfaff 1222 sewing machine, turns on and looks fine, but the peddle only produces a buzz and a little movement in the take up lever. Frozen... What can I do?
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The machine's workings have, rather obviously, locked up.
If it has been stored in poor conditions, or has not been lubricated in years, then I advise you to apply lubrication according to instructions in the manual for this model. And then wait overnight, and only then try to run the sewing machine once more.
If that fails to loosen up the problem in the works, then you will need to choose between having it repaired, and replacing it.
If you will tell me what your local zip code is, I can advise you as to where, in that locality, you might take it for repairs.
Also... Singer sewing machines, at least, have a considerably long warranty. In case your Pfaff machine also has a long warranty period, and might be within it still - which would save you a lot on repair charges! - let me know how old your Pfaff 1222 sewing machine is.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is 45 years old, and has been stored for 3 years. I see nothing in the manual about oiling anything in the upper part of the machine, only the lower parts. My zip is 83860...north of Coeur dAlene Idaho, and 90 minutes from Spokane.
Try contacting these by phone or email, and ask them if they service your model, with a mechanical problem (which is what I think it is, esp. likely if the bobbin winder still works):
Boyd-Walker Sewing Machine Co.
1926 E Sprague Ave,
Spokane, WA 99202 (###) ###-####
Then there might also be contacted, these:
http://www.sewingmachinesteve.com/Pages/contactus.aspx
- location: unknown!
or
Coeur D'alene Sewing Machine & Vacuum
1322 N 4th St
Coeur D Alene, ID 83814 (###) ###-####
or
Mountain Home Sewing & Vacuum Center
935 N 6th E,
Mountain Home, ID 83647 (###) ###-####
or
Sperry Sewing Center *****Ste H,
Pocatello, ID 83201 (###) ###-####
SERVICE ON ALL MAKES
Be sure to ask for an estimate on the repair, before committing to having it serviced.
Let me know esp. if none of these can help you. I can find other listings.