Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

Roundup vertical contact toaster blows fuse after a few minutes.

Customer Question
roundup vertical contact toaster...
roundup vertical contact toaster blows fuse after a few minutes. Switch seems to work fine,
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Small Appliance
6/25/2015
Small Appliance Technician: Michael, Small Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician
Hi I am sorry to hear that.May I have the full model # ***** your toaster?Also how old is the toaster?And did this happen after a power surge or outage?Thank youTech Michael
Will have to get info. It is burger King toaster. Commercial toaster. Not sure of year.im sure at least 5 yes old. It's a roundup vertical toaster. Model vct-2000
thanks for that.When you turn it on, do the heating elements seem to work ok?Also do you have this unit on a circuit breaker that can handle the power draw from this unit, its a really heavy duty toaster I wish I had lol.It requires a very good electrical connection and a heavy enough circuit to keep it from blowing the fuse. Please check that. If you still have trouble check the connection at the plug end as well ;-)I will stick with you until you have this working,please rate my service kindly thus far, it is the only way I receive credit for my time with you;-)It won't cost you anything additional to rate;-)Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael