Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

How can I loosen the release clutch knob on my sewing machine?

Customer Question
It seems to be stuck....
how can I loosen the release clutch knob on my sewing machine? It seems to be stuck.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Small Appliance
5/27/2015
Small Appliance Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 3 years ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer
Hi there,
If the the release clutch knob seems stuck, then the only thing that will unstick it is brute force.
You can try using a lever to help give you more leverage on the knob. Or get someone with strong hands to turn it for you :)
Check for a buildup of lint around the mechanism and clean it away to help prevent any sticking in future.