Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I am embroidering a piece and the bobbin thread is showing.

Customer Question
I went to the touch...
i am embroidering a piece and the bobbin thread is showing. I went to the touch screen to tension and it was no set, so I've tried -1 and a plus one, but it doesn't fix it. I am using a 80 needle, the fabric is cotton.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Small Appliance
5/24/2015
Small Appliance Technician: Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman replied 3 years ago
Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Bobbin thread appearing on the upper side of the fabric means the bobbin thread tension is too tight.
Use the - (minus) key to reduce the tension, until you get the right result. Go in steps of -1 or in steps of -0.5, as you wish... starting at -2 (since -1 did not work right.)

Tensions are usually set automatically. If your bobbin is not wound rightly, tension may be wrong.

Let me know how it goes, please. Thanks.