Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I have a fairly old bosch dishwasher that has stopped draining.

Customer Question
I heard a noise whilst...
I have a fairly old bosch dishwasher that has stopped draining. I heard a noise whilst it was washing the other night, and since then the drain is completely blocked. I have followed some you tube guides to check the impellar but our dishwasher seems to be different from a standard bosch and cannot access the impellar as it is in a plastic casing with out any screws, i do not know how to remove the plastic cover.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Small Appliance
5/19/2015
Small Appliance Technician: Michael, Small Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
May I have the full model # ***** your dishwasher?
Also approximately how old it is?
I understand you heard a noise, what did it sound like?
Also what is not working correctly? Draining etc?
Please be specific so I can help you with this;-)
Thank you
Tech Michael
Hi, thanks for the quick response, i cannot see a model number, it is approx 8/9yrs old. The noise sounded like a clatter inside the machine, and now the water is not draining at all. Hope this helps...
Hi thanks,
Open the dishwasher and look all around the inside especially on the door edges and on the inside chassis for the model # ***** is usually around there somewhere. As for the chattering sound, there may be something in the impeller but usually this indicates that the pump needs to be replaced. it will help you with that But first if you haven't already, lean the entire drain line and check specifically where the drain line meets the drain line out the bottom of the sink buy removing the line there, it sounds like may have already done all that. Bosh has many ways they used in locating the pump and some have impellers that are accessible and some are not. The reason is that once the unit develops a problem with the drain pump, it almost always needs to be replaced at that point.
Does the clatter sound happen ONLY during drain cycle?
Or even when the unit is washing?
The clatter only sounded once, when it was washing, i'm afraid I dont understand what you mean with the other instructions?
Hi thats ok, I was referring to the internal parts inside the pump is all don't worry about that;-)
Lets go one step at a time, maybe that will help;-)
have you checked and cleaned the entire drain line for under the dishwasher that runs to the sinks main drain line?
hi, yes have done that. We have actually just decided to buy a new one!
Hi was going to suggest that loll;-)
The parts for the old one are available but due to the age of the dishwasher its likely something else will fail as well shortly.
I wish you the best with you new dishwasher purchase and if there is anything else I can do please let me know.
also please rate my service before you go as its the only way I receive credit for my time with you.
Have a wonderful day!
Michael
Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician