Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

Small Appliance

error 10 spins in circles , have followed instruction for cleaning

to no avail . what,s...
error 10 spins in circles , have followed instruction for cleaning to no avail . what,s next , new drive wheels and how much????
8/18/2013
Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician

MasterFixIt :

Hi Is this for a robot?

MasterFixIt :

Please describe exactly what is happening?

Customer:

turn irobot on and just spins in a circle . reports error 10 have followed instruction in manual ie cleaning to no avail

MasterFixIt :

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX pick it up, does one wheel not turn at all?

Customer:

turns but not as easily as the other

MasterFixIt :

I ha few of these as I am a roboics hobyist

MasterFixIt :

Ok, the problem here is the motor need to be replaced

MasterFixIt :

let me locate that for you, one min ok?

MasterFixIt :

ok here is the site I use when ordering parts, its the most reliable, and the motor is easy to change if you rate me as good service I will be able to schedule free follow ups with you so you can chat with me anytime especially when you get the part at no additional cost to you for the tech support:-)

MasterFixIt :

I call them, its the best way to be sure you get the correct part and its easier and faster as well ;-)

MasterFixIt :

I do own a bunch of these guys I hack them lol for other robotics projects

MasterFixIt :

are you still here?

Customer:

still web site shows no motors

MasterFixIt :

you will need to call them to get the motors

Customer:

i,ll try

MasterFixIt :

sounds good

MasterFixIt :

also please make sure the wheel sensors are clean

Customer:

the ,people I need to talk to are out .. until tomorrow so not much more we can do now . Is it even worth replacing , it is 2 yrs old????

MasterFixIt :

OK,

Since this may take some time if you will rate my service today as good or better The system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you so your question will not close or time out and not cost you anything further! We will be able to work together no matter how long it takes to solve this issue.
Thank you
Tech Michael

MasterFixIt :

but it will be in the form of Q & A

MasterFixIt :

it actually better anyway

Customer:

ok , but is it worth fixing??

MasterFixIt :

Yes it sure is, the motors fail on occasion because of all the dust that get into them. But I robot has made the replacements better:-)

MasterFixIt :

more dust filtering for the motors

MasterFixIt :

I would really change them both

MasterFixIt :

but just the one will do the trick

Customer:

ok I,ll see the cost and decide

Customer:

how do I contact you for further assist if required??

Customer:

do the wheel modules themselves include the "motor"like 3 screws to replace

MasterFixIt :

hi once you rate, I will schedule free follow ups with you

MasterFixIt :

so you can contact me anytime via the site and your e mail:-)

MasterFixIt :

hello are you here?

Customer:

yes

MasterFixIt :

ok you can rate now and I am ready to schedule the follow ups for you

Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician
Michael
Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician