Single Problem

Get Single Problem Homework Help from Experts

Its not a tax question for so a help understanding a balance…

Customer Question
Its not a tax...

Its not a tax question for so a help understanding a balance sheet

Tutor's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Okay how do i calculate weighted average common shares outstanding for example starbucks

Tutor's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I dont understand how to read starbucks for examples balance sheet and i need to figure out its weighted average of common shares outstanding

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Single Problem
3/23/2018
Business Tutor: Manal Elkhoshkhany, Bachelor's Degree replied 3 months ago
Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Bachelor's Degree

I can help, but please advise which year do you want to calculate the weighted average common shares outstanding for? Can you please post the instructions exactly as they are prvided by your instructor?

Thank you

P.S. When you respond, please advise your deadline

the assignments not due until Monday March 26th. I'm having trouble calculating starbucks basic eps for year end 2017 and also their return on common shareholders equity. I've attached my project assignment sheet
this is what i have so far

Hello again,

Unfortunately I cannot accept the phone cal request now, but if you check the following link, you will see the weighted average common shares outstanding. Please check it out and tell me if it answer your question or do you want me to explain to you how to calculate the "Weighted Average Common Stock Shares Outstanding"

http://d18rn0p25nwr6d.cloudfront.net/CIK-0000829224/f8c7bf9b-da8f-4ebd-bd2b-55f4abaa08fe.pdf

Thank you

P.S. If you need further explanation please do not hesitate to ask; if all is clear, please rate my services

both how to calculate and to calculate. and which page is it on?

Ok :) P.46 and allow me just a couple of minutes and I will explain to you how to calculate it

okay, thank you

You are most welcome :)

how long until you can help me calculate it?
and will i be charged for the phone call?

no you will not be charged for the phone call. I am not sure if you can cancel the request, but you will not be charged for it unless an expert accepts the call.

I am typing an explanation for you

okay, thank you, ***** ***** more patient
i think i asked you the wrong question

I am not sure what you mean. Please clarify

i didn't need it calculated, i justed needed to find it to calculate basic EPS. but im not sure what basic and diluted weighted average means.

Please click on the following link to download a document explaining how to calculate the weighted average shares outstanding:

https://app.box.com/s/liwq5hfxxpqmae7chs3yj3d5iuhcygl5

Thank you

Use the "Basic weighted average". This includes only common stock while the "Diluted" number of shares take into account "ALL other types of convertible securities" (such as convertible bonds)

Does that clarify it?

okay now where can i find there quarterly common shareholders equity?

Please note that the assignment is about annual data and I have answered that, but I am helping other students now so I cannot work more on this question. But in any case, you can go to starbicks website and you will find everything about the company. Here is a link to quarterly data.

For 2018:

https://investor.starbucks.com/financial-data/sec-filings/default.aspx

For 2017:

Regards,