Single Problem

Get Single Problem Homework Help from Experts

I’m looking at buying a business. Included in the banks

questions where I am trying...
I’m looking at buying a business. Included in the banks questions where I am trying to get the loan is a question about goodwill. What is Goodwill? And how do I compute it?
3/7/2018
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Goodwill is an intangible (non-physical) asset a business records on its balance sheet when it buys another company. It cannot be specifically identified, but it adds value to the business.

Goodwill = (Consideration paid + Fair Value of noncontrolling interest) – (Assets acquired – Liabilities assumed)

The following links contain excellent information which you will find helpful:

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/goodwill-calculation-business-68189.html

https://www.accountingtools.com/articles/how-to-calculate-goodwill.html

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Thank you for the positive rating of my answer. It is very much appreciated.

Have a great day!