Single Problem

Get Single Problem Homework Help from Experts

How much is the fee? I have a comprehensive tax return

Customer Question
How much is the...

How much is the fee?

Tutor's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

HELLO

Tutor's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

I have a comprehensive tax return problem

Tutor's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

I am a student a need a good grade the deadline is due December 22th

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Single Problem
Neil B. (age 42) and Mae R. (age 48) King are married and live at***** Kansas City, MO 64114. Neil is a chemist employed by Sargent Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and Mae is a self-employed doctor of anesthesiology. They are calendar year, cash basis taxpayers.
1. Sargent Pharmaceuticals develops and produces injectable medicines used in chemotherapy treatments for cancer patients. Neil manages the Kansas City facility for an annual salary of $90,000. Sargent makes contributions to a qualified defined contribution pension plan for all of its full-time employees. Although Neil also has the opportunity to make contributions to the plan, he chose not to do so in 2016. Neil participates in his employer’s group health insurance plan, to which he contributed $4,000 in 2016 for medical coverage. These contributions are made with pretax dollars. The health plan covers Neil, Mae, and their two dependent children. Because of the risk associated with Neil’s work (i.e., processing chemotherapy drugs), Sargent provides all of its employees with $200,000 of group term life insurance. An additional $180 of income is included in Neil’s Form W–2 to report the taxable value of this insurance.
2. In late 2015, three employees at Sargent’s Chicago facility were seriously injured while processing a customer order. While the injuries occurred in what the company called a “freak accident,” Neil began to look for a safer job in the chemical industry. He incurred the following expenses during 2016: Employment agency fee $3,200 Resume consultation, preparation, and distribution 1,800 Expenses in connection with job interviews 4,100 Neil received several attractive offers but ultimately decided against changing jobs. Influential in his choice was a promotion to regional manager and a $20,000 pay raise starting in 2017.
3. Sargent generally reimburses Neil for expenses related to his work for the company. However, as a matter of policy, Sargent does not reimburse for the following: Monthly dinner meetings of the Midwestern Chemists Association [MCA] $825 Dues to professional organizations 240 Subscriptions to professional journals 180 MIA correspondence study course 230
Neil attended 11 MCA dinner meetings in 2016. Each dinner involved the following costs: $40 (fee for speaker), $25 (price of meal), and $10 (parking). Neil goes to the meetings from work and returns home the same night. The MIA (Management Institute of America) charge was for an online home study course on ways to improve safety measures and avoid accidents in the industrial workplace.
4. Mae King is a board-certified doctor of anesthesiology. She provides anesthesiology services at a number of hospitals and surgical centers in the greater Kansas City area on a part-time basis. Mae is well respected by the surgeons with whom she works. She uses her home as her business address. She keeps her records there and otherwise conducts business (e.g., conducts pre-surgery appointments, renders professional advice, bills patients) on the premises. Because Mae does not maintain a specific area for exclusive business use, she does not claim an office in the home for tax purposes. Mae’s receipts from her practice during 2016 were $245,000, $16,000 of which was for services performed in 2015. Not included in these amounts is $17,500 she received in January 2017 for services rendered in December 2016. Mae’s professional activity code is 621111.
5. Mae had the following business expenses in 2016: Medical clothing (e.g., lab coats, surgical scrubs) $2,200 Medical malpractice insurance 9,500 State medical license fee 450 Dues to professional organizations 350 Subscriptions to professional journals 340 In addition, she drove the family Suburban (purchased on March 2, 2015) 2,900 miles in connection with her work. She uses the standard mileage method for computing deductible vehicle costs. Total mileage for the Suburban is 9,000 miles for the year.
6. Neil’s widowed mother, Lucy, suffered a stroke on December 30, 2015, and died in the hospital on February 3, 2016. Most of Lucy’s medical expenses were covered by Medicare, with Neil paying the remainder. On February 18, 2016, he paid $9,800 to the hospital, half of which was attributable to expenses incurred in 2015. At the same time, Neil also paid the funeral expenses of $16,000. Although Lucy lived in her own home prior to the stroke, Neil and Mae have properly claimed her as a dependent for the past few years.
7. As Lucy’s sole heir, Neil inherited her home and its furnishings (located at 1420 Chickadee Lane, Topeka, KS 66546). The costs and values involved are as follows: Cost Basis FMV on 2/3/16 Lot $10,000 $30,000 House 110,000 250,000 Furnishings 55,000 25,000 Because the real estate market was depressed and the home was located in an attractive rental area, Neil decided not to sell. Instead, he rented the property fully furnished on May 1, 2016. The terms of the lease (executed on April 30) provide for the following: one-ye
12/20/2017
Business Tutor: Manal Elkhoshkhany, Bachelor's Degree replied 6 months ago
Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Bachelor's Degree

Please post the full problem with the requirements so that I can give you an accurate quote

Thank you

OK

I am sorry, I will not be able to talk on the phone as I am not currently in the U.S., please feel free to tell me whatever you want here

I sent attached all the information of the problem. I have to do this problem in a software called H&R block 2016

Oh, unfortunately I am not familiar with the software. I can however prepare the tax returns using the forms from IRS and I believe $80 would be fair for this problem, if you agree please advise and I will send you an offer

Thank you

I have to the the tax return of problem
I am sorry but I do not agree. Can I have a refund? You didn't answer my problem unfortunately.

I have not charged you. I am just making you an offer :) The amount you have paid is in your Just Answer account and will not be transferred to an expert unless you receive a satisfactory solution.

You do not agree to the amount or to answering the problem on IRS forms?

Ok. The problem can be solved also on IRS forms, but I do not agree to the amount offered.

How much are you offering?

Look, I thought I had to pay only $38 to solve this problem. I am unemployed, I took a loan for the school and I cannot afford more than $40.

I apologize I cannot meet that offer. I will opt out in case another expert can help. Once I opt out, the post will go back to the pool of open questions where other experts can see it

All the best

ok.
Business Tutor: PDtax, CPA firm owner, business consultant, author replied 6 months ago
PDtax
PDtax, CPA firm owner, business consultant, author
Phone call session started

I'mCustomer I just accepted your phone call request.

I see pricing is an issue. Do you want the phone call as part of your project, as it is an additional charge?

Please also confirm your deadline.

Customer/p>