Single Problem

Get Single Problem Homework Help from Experts

Lesson 14 (73) During the current year, the Harlow

Customer Question
Lesson 14 (73)During the current...
Lesson 14 (73)During the current year, the Harlow Corporation, which specializes in commercial construction, has the following property transactions:a. In April, a tornado damages a crane and a dump truck at one of its construction sites. The crane was acquired in 2014 for $120,000 and has an adjusted basis of $39,650. The dump truck was acquired in 2012 for $70,000 and has an adjusted basis of $33,880. The insurance company reimburses Harlow $35,000 for the crane and $42,000 for the dump truck. The company decides not to replace the dump truck and uses the insurance proceeds to purchase a new crane for $110,000.b. The company trades a road grader with a fair market value of $72,000 for a bulldozer worth $60,000. Harlow receives $12,000 in the exchange. The road grader originally cost $90,000 and has an adjusted basis of $50,000. The bull- dozer cost $85,000, and its adjusted basis is $37,000.c. A fire destroys the company’s supply warehouse. The warehouse originally cost $300,000 and has an adjusted basis of $200,000. Its fair market value before the fire was $250,000. The insurance company pays Harlow $230,000, which it uses to acquire a warehouse costing $280,000.d. The city of PeaceDale condemns land that Harlow had acquired in 1983 for $22,000 and held as an investment. The city pays Harlow the $195,000 fair market value of the land. Harlow uses the proceeds to acquire a commercial office park for $350,000.e. Harlow sells an automobile used by its president for business purposes for $10,000 to a local car dealership. The car originally cost $32,000, and its adjusted basis is $15,000. The company had an agreement to replace the auto- mobile with a customized four-wheel-drive vehicle from a company that specializes in custom cars. However, the day the company sells the automobile, it is informed that the custom car company will not be able to deliver the vehicle for at least 10 weeks. Harlow terminates its contract with the custom car company and buys a new automobile from the local car dealership for $55,000. Determine the realized and recognized gain or loss on each of Harlow’s property transactions and the basis of any property acquired in each transaction.Cite an outside source
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Single Problem
12/2/2017
Business Tutor: Manal Elkhoshkhany, Bachelor's Degree replied 7 months ago
Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Bachelor's Degree

I can help you but please advise your deadline

Thank you