Single Problem

Get Single Problem Homework Help from Experts

Ben is 46 and unmarried his mother Susan age 81 lives in a…

Customer Question
Ben is 46 and...

Ben is 46 and unmarried his mother Susan age 81 lives in a nursing home Ben pays the entire cost of the nursing home and more than 50%of Susan’s total support Ben wages were $75000.00 and Susan income is $1600.00 taxable interest and $9600.00 in social security benefits question what would be Ben best filing status and how many personal and dependent exemptions is allowed and can he claim the eitc

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Single Problem
11/21/2017
Business Tutor: TaxRobin,
 replied 8 months ago
TaxRobin

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Business Tutor: TaxRobin,
 replied 8 months ago

He had too much income for EITC. His filing status is SINGLE, he does not qualify for any other. He has one personal exemption and 0 dependents. He cannot claim his mother because her income was over the amount allowed.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.