Single Problem

Get Single Problem Homework Help from Experts

You are the resident tax expert for Wetzel’s Pretzels, an…

Customer Question
You are the resident tax...
You are the resident tax expert for Wetzel’s Pretzels, an international producer of junk food. The controller has come to you with the company’s capital expenditures budget for next year. The budget shows that Wetzel’s Pretzels plans to spend $1,000,000 next year on personal property. The largest single item in the budget is the purchase of new, high-tech pretzel twisters costing $450,000. The pretzel twisters are on order, but because of high demand for the technology, Wetzel’s Pretzels will not receive the new twisters until November. The remaining $550,000 is for company automobiles, delivery trucks, personal computers, and office furniture. These items will be purchased throughout the year as needed.
The controller asks your advice on the tax aspects of these purchases. She is particularly interested in making sure that Wetzel’s Pretzels can deduct the maxi- mum amount regarding these purchases in the year of purchase.
How would you advise the controller? That is, are there any tax problems asso- ciated with these purchases? If so, suggest one or more ways in which Wetzel’s can take advantage of the situation. Write a memorandum to the controller explaining your suggestions.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Single Problem
11/11/2017
Business Tutor: Dr. Donna Kakonge, Retired College Professor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Donna Kakonge
Dr. Donna Kakonge, Retired College Professor

Dear Customer,

Thank you for coming to Just Answer. How many words or pages does this answer need to be?

No limit to that but as much detail as possible.

Dear Customer,

That sounds great! When is the deadline for your assignment?

24 hours

Dear Customer,

Thank you so much. I will just make a small offer to you to bring the pay for this question to the average that Experts receive on this site. I will make the offer to you right now.

Just a moment and thank you.

Business Tutor: F. Naz, B.Com replied 8 months ago
F. Naz
F. Naz, B.Com

Please let me know if you are willing to work with me , thanks.

thank you

Okay, please tell me the current date and time of yours and also let me know that can you cite me in this memorandum, thanks

It is 2:11 PM November 11, 2017. Yes I will

Okay so in next 24 to 36 hours i can provide the answer will that be okay?

24 hours will be better

Okay, will try to finish it in that time and you want the answer for us taxation?

Okay, I am sending you the offer please accept it so i can start working for you, thanks.

I have already paid. I cannot pay more than that

You have paid $ 34.8 which is low for such work. I have quoted additional $85.20 to make it a total of $120.

I will request another expert. This is too much